cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

accessor not returning expected output

gopikrishnanr
Organizer

Hi,

Am trying to get data from an argument which is an object. So am trying to read the object through accessor. I have placed the sensor and captured the required argument, only that in order to read it I have to place a chain of sensors like below :

But I get output as null. Below snaps will give reference as to why the above accessors are used :

I want to read the Byte array which is being passed in that object. Please help

Regards,

Gopikrishnan

4 REPLIES 4

peter_karlhuber
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Gopikrishnan,

your method "get_Data()" returns an array of 'Byte's, not a single Byte for which you'd have the ToString() method. Unfortunately our accessors don't support arrays yet.

Is there maybe a method further up in the call stack that works with this string already converted to a single object?

Best regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter.

Need to check that.

What if the argument contains a pointer, then can I be able to access the value through accessor?

Regards,

Gopikrishnan

You mean one of those old-school unsafe pointers? Not sure, I haven't tried that, you could experiment with a small C# program yourself, maybe...

In the end, we try to take the code that's given in the accessor and execute it on the object. If that executes well and gives a single result, we report that.

gopikrishnanr
Organizer

The same way I tried to capture the return value of the same method but it always return null. Please see the screenshots below :

BancaeSubSubmitResponse is an object which contains the error if any for the transaction. So I try to access the error with accessor.

this should give me the error message in string. I have applied the same accessor chain as below :

It always returns a null. Please suggest.