cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accessor not returning expected output

gopikrishnanr
Organizer

Hi,

Am trying to get data from an argument which is an object. So am trying to read the object through accessor. I have placed the sensor and captured the required argument, only that in order to read it I have to place a chain of sensors like below :

But I get output as null. Below snaps will give reference as to why the above accessors are used :

I want to read the Byte array which is being passed in that object. Please help

Regards,

Gopikrishnan

4 REPLIES 4

peter_karlhuber
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Gopikrishnan,

your method "get_Data()" returns an array of 'Byte's, not a single Byte for which you'd have the ToString() method. Unfortunately our accessors don't support arrays yet.

Is there maybe a method further up in the call stack that works with this string already converted to a single object?

Best regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter.

Need to check that.

What if the argument contains a pointer, then can I be able to access the value through accessor?

Regards,

Gopikrishnan

You mean one of those old-school unsafe pointers? Not sure, I haven't tried that, you could experiment with a small C# program yourself, maybe...

In the end, we try to take the code that's given in the accessor and execute it on the object. If that executes well and gives a single result, we report that.

gopikrishnanr
Organizer

The same way I tried to capture the return value of the same method but it always return null. Please see the screenshots below :

BancaeSubSubmitResponse is an object which contains the error if any for the transaction. So I try to access the error with accessor.

this should give me the error message in string. I have applied the same accessor chain as below :

It always returns a null. Please suggest.