cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

agent arguments in wrapper file what am I missing in it

dave_deleo
Inactive

I am trying to do an agent install on an ms server for a mule server. We installed the java agent files to the E: drive. And we added the agent arguments to the wrapper file used on start up of the mule server. On startup the mule server comes up with no errors and functions as normal but there is no visible sign that it is attempting to connect to the dynatrace collector. We have tried to add the argument line with the "E:" and without it after -agentPath: but either way we get the same results.

Perhaps it is just that I am not getting the syntax right. Can someone tell me what may be missing from this added line to the wrapper?

wrapper.java.additional.16=-agentpath:E:/dynaTrace/Dynatrace Agent 6.3/agent/lib64/libdtagent.so=name=gts_mule_stg,server=dtc-nonprod-core-yon.svc.com:64436

Thanks,

David

Note: we were able to telnet to the DT collector from the mule host successfully.

5 REPLIES 5

arnaud_crowther
Inactive

David,

Is this wrapped in quotes? "Dynatrace Agent 6.3" has spaces in the string which may cause connection issues.

Arnaud

Cody_Kachelski
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

David,

Also, If this is a windows server, you'll need dtagent.dll, not libdtagent.so.

For example:

wrapper.java.additional.1=-agentpath:C:/Program
Files/dynaTrace/dynaTrace/agent/lib64/dtagent.dll=name=Java_mySystemProfile,collector=localhost:9998

-Cody

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

David, If you've not made any progress with the prior ideas, I suggest you change your key value to ensure it's the next sequence. For example, you're using wrapper.java.additional.16, but unless there's also a wrapper.java.additional.15, i worry your setting may be ignored. Try ensuring your sequence number of the next one in the sequence.

If this still does not give you any success, then I'm suspicious that you're editing the wrong file or the wrong set of wrapper.java.additional.X parameters. You should use some type of process explorer to inspect the command line arguments and see if your changes are being added to the java command line, usually if you've messed up the syntax of an -agentpath argument it will cause major problems, so since your JVM is starting fine, that makes me suspicious that your changes are not making it, meaning you're probably putting the change in the wrong place.

I agree that its suspicious that the JVM is starting up with syntax errors, its a clear indication that the changes are not being registered

dave_deleo
Inactive

Thanks, Arnaud, Cody, and Joseph for your great answers! We are going to use them in our test on Monday morning. I am also suspicious about if we are putting our changes in the wrong place so we'll check the processes to see if the arguments are showing up there. Thank you! I will let you know how it goes. Have a great weekend!

David