cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

agent license units

elvin_yeo
Contributor

I noticed that the licensed unit count (web server) is always changing. In this case, how should I know the exact number of unit has been consumed?

4 REPLIES 4

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello @elvin y.

First of all you can follow the License Overview dashboard for this information and secondly you can use the below plugin.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Regards,

Babar

elvin_yeo
Contributor

Hi Babar,

License overview is not quite accurate

The value under the current usage column changes time to time. Hence, I wouldnt know what is the exact number of unit has already been used.

Hello @elvin y.

I wanted to explain the same after reading your comments but that is already have been done by @Radu S., therefore, if you need more assistance then let us know.

Regards,

Babar

Radu
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Elvin,

What makes you say license overview is not accurate?

Licensed units is a volume of licenses available for consumption, while current usage shows what is currently consumed by agents. Licenses are not tied to specific agents, and once a license is no longer used (e.g. the process shuts down) the license is returned to the available pool to be used by any other agent requesting it (hence why fluctuations are expected).

Provided that all your agents are connected and licensed, the difference between licensed units and current usage will always tell you how many are spare.

Best regards,

Radu