cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

agent to collector to proxy to dynatrace server

srikar_mohan333
Inactive

Hello,

I am trying to understand what properties needs to be set in order to achieve the below:

agent --> collector --> forward proxy (all in the google cloud) --> encrypted--> dynatrace server (saas)

Properties to change on the collector conf are:

useproxy=true

serverport=6699 (for ssl)

proxyport=8080

compress="true"

proxyhost=""

useproxyauthentication="true"

proxyusername="<...>"

usepreemtiveproxyauth="true"

Do we also need to use tunneling/modify any other properties? I am guessing not the main intent is to ensure data goes from collector to proxy then from proxy encrypted data is sent to the server.

Thanks,

Srikar

2 REPLIES 2

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

I think you only need to specify the proxyhost and proxyport. thats all. if your proxy requires authentication then specify the credentials. There is also good documentation you should check out: https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

srikar_mohan333
Inactive

Thanks Andi...I should have come back to post what we ended up setting. Basically the below were set:

useproxy="true" (important); proxyport (because we use a custom port); and proxyhost.

The other options we set below were on a need basis (and depending on deployment can be considered as optimized options):

compress="true", communicationssl="true", useproxyauthentication="true", proxyusername and proxypassword, serverport="6699" and authstring =""(to ensure legitimate collectors can only connect to the server).