cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calculate measure by hour of the day, not by time series

dong_liu
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

we can easily chart a measure over time series, but I like to chart the data differently. for example, for the last 2 weeks, I like to chart average response time for loading the home page by hour of the day, in other words, time for 9 am, 10 am, 11 am ......

Thinking in BT format, if we have a "hour of the day" split measure, we can add it to BT as a split. we do not have one and I do not know how to create one for this purpose.

I understand we can export the raw date into excel and do the aggreation from there, but it will be nice to have it in dT directly.

7 REPLIES 7

shane_korbel
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

This is already achieveable by changing resolution and filters. For example, if you chart a measure for response time, cpu, etc you can change the resolution to "1 Hour" in the upper right of the graph. You can then change the filter on your graph to start at an even hour point so it starts drawing them on the hour for whatever duration you select. I have charted this example for the purepath response time below:

graeme_william1
Inactive

Well, I'm not sure I understand your question, but I believe all you need to do is to set the chart resolution to one hour.

-- Graeme

dong_liu
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

sorry for not stating my requirement clear. for example, if I want to chart data from the last 7 days, with the hour resolution, I will have 7 repeating hours:

day 1, 1 am, 2 am, 3 am, 4 am....... 22 pm, 23 pm.....,day 2, 1 am, 2 am, 3 am, 4 am....... 22 pm, 23 pm.....

what I need is to have more higher aggregation and will aggregate by hour (does not matter which date it is), no sequence of date and time...

hope this helps.. thanks for your attention.

Change the resolution to one hour, and the time filter to 7 days. See my above post.

Hello Shane,

I suppose Dong is looking for a dashboard something like below snapshot.

But If he creates a dashboard with 1 hr resolution and 7 days timeframe he will end up like below snapshot.

@Dong - correct me if I am wrong with your request.

dong_liu
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Ram, you got it right, that is exactly what I were looking for. not by days-hour, just by hour without days. thank you for the sample diagram. I should include that in the post.

Hi, I am trying to achieve something similar. Trying to get this kind of view for a Business Transaction in Appmon.

Looking for a solution to find the response time (avg or p95), throughput and failure rate of each business transaction for every hr in the last 7 days or 15 days.

I am able to get this view but the failure rate or count is missing. Appreciate your help here. Thanks, Suresh.