cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we disable set of agent groups enable other set of agent groups through any option

saikishore_boya
Participant

can we disable set of agent groups across system profiles and enable another set of agent groups through an option or can this be achieved through writing a shell script? I a m looking for a reference script or approach to achieve this.

6 REPLIES 6

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello @sai Kishore b.

Use the license assignment feature to precisely manage the availability of Agent licenses per System Profile and/or Agent Group.

Have a look in the below link for more insight.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/insta...

Regards,

Babar

Thanks Babar for reply but the information I am looking for is different.Let me rephrase my question with an example.

Lets say there is a profile "ABC" and it has agent groups "X" and "Y"( agent group Y is disabled by unchecking "capture events" check box by default) and "X" has 3 java licenses assigned .Now I want to disable "X" and switchover these 3 java licenses to agent group "Y" considering that I have only 3 java licenses .But this switch I don't want to perform manually through Dynatrace client as I might need to switch multiple agent groups like above is there any rest api/model script through which I can achieve this?

Thanks,

Sai Kishore Boyana

Hello @sai Kishore b.

You can use the Agent reservation (REST).

Have a look in the below link for more insight.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/appmon-reference/rest-interfaces/server-rest-interfaces/license-reservations-rest/agent-reservation-rest/

Regards,

Babar

Thank you Babar its helpful does this feature available in appmon 7.0.X as it looks like quoted link states about 7.1

Thanks

Sai Kishore Boyana

Hello @sai Kishore b.

License reservation (REST) interface is only available in the AppMon 2018 April and later.

Regards,

Babar

saikishore_boya
Participant

Thanks Babar for reply but the information I am looking for is different.Let me rephrase my question with an example.

Lets say there is a profile "ABC" and it has agent groups "X" and "Y"( agent group Y is disabled by unchecking "capture events" check box by default) and "X" has 3 java licenses assigned .Now I want to disable "X" and switchover these 3 java licenses to agent group "Y" considering that I have only 3 java licenses .But this switch I don't want to perform manually through Dynatrace client as I might need to switch multiple agent groups like above is there any rest api/model script through which I can achieve this?

Thanks,

Sai Kishore Boyana