cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

charting DB "Exec Avg (ms)" from a particular query without having to create a metric

pbrown
Guide

Hello Appmon lovers,

I need to compare one specific query performance between yesterday and today. No metric is created for this query so, if a create one now I will not get yesterday's values anyway.

Since if I change the time range to 5 minutes and see the values for the metric during an entire hour I figured this values must be stored somewhere, right?How can I get them to make a chart dashlet?

maybe using the rest services of Appmon?

currently my workaround was having to write down the values every 5 minute and then make a excel graphic

thanks!

Patricio

5 REPLIES 5

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

You can create a session for the prior period and for the comparable period containing just the purepaths that make the query you want to track. Then open each session and create whatever BTs/Measures you might need to chart the data and then "reprocess" the session to apply the BTs/Measures.

pbrown
Guide

Hi, David

sounds good!

but what do you mean by "reprocess"? i think I have never did that before.

thanks!

Patricio

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

If you go to the session browser and right click on the session, you can select "Process configuration changes" to reprocess the session and apply the newly added measures/BTs to the "incoming data".

As shown in the example from 7.2 below.

pbrown
Guide

thanks Dave,

it worked like a charm

Best Regards,

PBA

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Glad to help.