cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuration alerts for base line violations

jose-antonio_ra
Inactive

HI,

i have 2 questions about configuration alerts for base line violations (Business Transactions > Edit BusinessTrnsaction... > Violation Detections Settings...):

1- for response time, i need trigger incidents only when relative deviation is exceeded (not absolute deviation). How do i have to configure it in Violation Detection Settings?

2- for Failure Rate, Relative Deviation and Absolute deviation are expressed as a percentage %. Whats the difference between the two?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

henry_apletree
Inactive

Hi Jose,

For your second point - because failure rate is a % measure, the absolute deviation is at what number of percentage points above the current baseline do you want to alert at. So for example if your current basline is 10% failure rate and you wanted to alert if that rose to 15%, the absolute deviation would be 5%
the relative deviation would be 50%.

For point 1: I'm not sure if there's a way of disabling absolute deviation, (perhaps somebody else can answer) but as a short term measure you could always try setting this to a very high value, such that absolute deviation wouldn't be hit until relative had been breached first.

Regards,
Henry

jose-antonio_ra
Inactive

Thank you very much for your answer, Henry

Then, in the case of failure rate, if I want to disable the absolute deviation, it should be 100% ?

Thanks again

Regards,
Jose A.