cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

creation BT, incident and so on

Hello community!

Pls help me with creation of business transaction and incident rule.

I have measure -> invocation method

i have measure -> argument of this method

And i can set for example if argument <10 000 then it is result on business transaction, and for example i can set incident.

But i need: Traffic light -> red <- or incident started if the value is not received within 10 minutes.

How i can add rule, BT and so on if i haven`t value. (There wasn`t invocation and no value)

Regards,

Alexander

3 REPLIES 3

trevor_masseng1
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hi Alexander,

I know this is a bit late, but I'd try making a business transaction using a filter of Purepath response time > 10 minutes threshold. Setting a lower threshold of 0 for your invocation that you want the alert to trigger on, and filtering by the specific uri you are interested in.

If you add a count measure to that BT, you should be able to create an alert that triggers off of it.

Hope that points you in the right direction, depending on how the transaction is designed, the solution may need some modification.

Hello Trevor M!

Thank you for your response. I cant use invocation, but i resolve the problem by instructions below:

The solution is use 'count' aggregation in incident and result measure in business transactions. (Result BT measures we can find in System profile > measures ; to add treshold)

It works.

Regards,

Alexander

Excellent, I'm glad you found a solution!