I understood the difference between apdex and User Experience Index.
But, playing with UEM, I found that we can create a graphic showing User Experience Index as number [0, 1] like Apdex. Is this presentation significative ? The difference with Apdex is really big. See attached screenshot.
Thanks to help to understand it....
Small question more... In User Experience Index graphic, there is the comment "null none". What's that ? Is it relative to my question above ?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Yes there is a difference between APDEX and User Experience Index. I did a high level explanation at the Velocity conference that got recorded
It is just 5 min.
The details for the calculation can be found in the documentation: User Experience Management --> chapter User Experience Index
Basically APEDX is just looking at performance but not at errors.
The "null none" is a bug in the dashboarding. Can you file a support ticket for that?
Thank you for the explanation.
So, to be really sure, I resume:
1. The difference between Apdex and User Experience Index:
- Calculation of Apdex is based on numbers of user actions which are classified into satisfied, tolerating and frustrated
- Calculation of User Experience Index is based on numbers of users which are classified into satisfied, tolerating and frustrated.
2. The formula used to calculate the index in [0, 1] range is the same for both indexes: (#satisfied + #tolerating / 2) / #total
3. For the both indexes: number less than 0.5 means unacceptable, number above 0.93 means excellent and the others mean acceptable.
I need to be really sure before explaining it to others...
|APDEX||User Experience Index|
|based on||User Actions||Visits / User Journeys|
|factors in||Performance||Performance, Errors, User Behavior, User Environment|
|configuration items||"Performance Base Line" in the UEM config section|
"Performance Base Line" in the UEM config section
+ Error detection rules
A super short summary.