After upgrading to 6.5, it seems like the source lookup functionality is not working that well anymore, I'm thinking this could be due to the collector migration.
but our collectors and systems have been restarted a few times after the upgrade.
naturally I'm doing this on live data (a few mins old).
some lookups are possible, even on autosensor data. I'm thinking that perhaps the collector cache could be corrupt somehow, but that should also affect the instrumentation 😕
It looks like this is an issue with the class cache, I found a support case with the same observations and error you are seeing. Here is the explanation that was provided:
during the migration, have you also migrated over the class cache of the collectors? If not, it is a clear thing because on doing the bytecode decompilation, the client gets it right from there.
So if the class cache has not been migrated, you simply need to wait for a restart of the monitored application, so it is created again.
So hopefully this will be resolved by an app restart,
unfortunately no that wont explain it, since the applications were restarted a few hours after the 6.5 installation/migration was completed. I did not explicitly migrate the class caches,- i did run the migration Tool on the collectors however, i believe this shouldve taken care of that though.
If you are not using an ancient migration tool version, then the class cache is migrated by defaul (all .dtsf and .imap files).
There is the option "-noclasscache" that would override that.
PS: For future reference, the openened ticket was SUPDT-30111