cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

dt6.5 - source lookup not working very well anymore

shm
Inactive

After upgrading to 6.5, it seems like the source lookup functionality is not working that well anymore, I'm thinking this could be due to the collector migration.

but our collectors and systems have been restarted a few times after the upgrade.

naturally I'm doing this on live data (a few mins old).

some lookups are possible, even on autosensor data. I'm thinking that perhaps the collector cache could be corrupt somehow, but that should also affect the instrumentation 😕

any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Does the source lookup fail or does it not even give you the option to select that anymore?

it fails with "cannot process bytecode from server"

i just went through it abit more in depth, it seems to a general issue with java specific agents or at least the collector our java agents are connecting to

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

It looks like this is an issue with the class cache, I found a support case with the same observations and error you are seeing. Here is the explanation that was provided:

during the migration, have you also migrated over the class cache of the collectors? If not, it is a clear thing because on doing the bytecode decompilation, the client gets it right from there.

So if the class cache has not been migrated, you simply need to wait for a restart of the monitored application, so it is created again.

So hopefully this will be resolved by an app restart,

James

unfortunately no that wont explain it, since the applications were restarted a few hours after the 6.5 installation/migration was completed. I did not explicitly migrate the class caches,- i did run the migration Tool on the collectors however, i believe this shouldve taken care of that though.

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Perhaps some others may have seen this - but that's the only case I can find that seems related, so if you don't get any additional help here I would open a support ticket.

i'll give this post a few days, and if nothing pops up ill create a ticket for it.

thomasK
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

If you are not using an ancient migration tool version, then the class cache is migrated by defaul (all .dtsf and .imap files).

There is the option "-noclasscache" that would override that.

Regards,
Thomas

PS: For future reference, the openened ticket was SUPDT-30111

well definitly somethings messed up - tried to clear and restart a collector, its now unable to boot up with a osgi nullpointer exception "crash" - support ticket it is