cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

dtagent_.js return 404 despite UEM is running

waikeat_chan
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

So I was configuring visit tagging although the UEM has already been running for a while, but couldn't get it done. Anyway, that isn't the point. The point is, this weird thing I came across when I try out all possible ways/check in hope of getting UEM visits tagged.

The question is, UEM is running despite the 404 error of /dtagent_.js, and the /dynaTraceMonitor is returning unexpected results, which I don't know what it means.

Correct me if I am wrong: If JavaScript Agent isn't injected, there shouldn't even be smiley face, world map etc in web dashboard, yet there it is running partially all this while (I said partially because apparently tagging a visit won't work).

The injection path is leave it as default (empty for dynaTraceMonitor, and / for dtagent) So, what am I missing here? Why is the Web dashboard running despite 404 error of agent? And what does the different results returned by /dynaTraceMonitor mean?

4 REPLIES 4

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Wai,

Did you try the UEM Health Check?

Regards,

Babar

waikeat_chan
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Hi Babar,

Yes, the result is as shown:

I've try both way (check or unchecked the compression in User Experience tab of the system profile configuration), nothing changed.

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Wai,

Please check the below for your specific issue. The document link is a very useful for these kind of issues and almost everything covered.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

This check verifies that a valid JavaScript Agent is injected into the requested web page.

• The Agent is not delivered - The Agent URL is not reachable. The may be due to one of the following:
    • The Agent path is not handled by a web server with an installed Agent. A typical case is a Java server with an application that runs in a sub-path (e.g. /app/) but no root application is available. When the JavaScript Agent is requested from the root path, it fails.
    • The path of the Agent is not handled by the servlet engine itself, but by a custom part of the app server. (WebSphere sometimes does that for static content). For more information, see KB-464 Requests to dtagent_XXX.js and dynaTrace Monitor result in a 404.
    • The Agent path is blocked by a firewall.

Regards,

Babar

chase_hulderman
Inactive

How have you set up your application definitions?

What have you done in your User Experience section of your system profile for these applications?

There's a chance that you're not actually testing against what you've defined. So you're collecting data correctly, and your UEM health check appears to indicate success, but your manual tests are giving 404's.