cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dtwsagent A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) to start the service

antoniofacchi
Contributor

hello everybody,

I get the following error when I start the webserver agent. Have you any ideas how to resolve?

Many thanks.

Antonio

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the dynaTrace Web Server Agent 6.3 service to connect.

3 REPLIES 3

peter_karlhuber
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Antonio,

there'll be logs in the <DT Installation Folder>/log/dtwsagent_...log files where you should find more hints as to what happened (or didn't happen). Best regards,

Peter

Hi Antonio,

Do you make use of Collector groups by any chance? Are both Collectors accessible when the agent is started/restarted? I had an issue recently where the one Collector instance, which is part of the two Collector instance group, wasn't available and the collector list file had this 2nd instance as the first entry in the file. This means the agent tried to connect to Collector instance 2, which fails eventually and then successfully connected to the 1st instance, but by that time the Windows service timeout was reached and the service doesn't start with that same error you're getting.

You can increase the timeout, but the root cause would still not be resolved i.e. in my case, the root cause was an inaccessible Collector instance.

Andre

antoniofacchi
Contributor

Hello Andre,

thank you very much for your workaround, it's very helpful for me.

The cause of the timeout is due to the netowork link between the agent and the collector instance

Many thanks again.

Regards

Antonio