cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynaTrace Availability Dashboard

kurena
Inactive

Hi,

Is there a way to build a dashboard about application availabilty on dynaTrace??

If so, how? 

4 REPLIES 4

thomas_lagona
Inactive

Hi Karla,

There are a couple of options, depending on the application. You can set up a monitor by going into the system profile -> Monitors -> Create and seeing if one of those will work for you.

Another option would be seeing if the Availability Monitor Plugin (or one something else from System Monitoring Plugins) fits your needs.

Hopefully one of those options will work for you!

Regards,

Tom

antong2
Inactive

Hi there

Is this really the best we can do with dynaTrace?  To run Monitor plugins for a few servers might be an option.  But when you have 1000's of servers to report on, we have nothing?  It is impossible to setup so many Availability Monitors across the globe, when this information should simply be collected by the Agent?  Availability is a really basic metric?

Anton

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hi Anton

There are Incidents that trigger in case Agents get disconnected. You can take these as availabilty measures as well. However - I strongly believe that just knowing that a process is running is not enough. Thats why a plugin such as the URL Monitor or the generic Execution Monitor plugin that can execute a ping should be considered.

Good news is that every machine where a dynatrace agent is installed automatically ends up in our Infrastructure List. You can therefore setup a Monitor Plugin that monitors all Hosts that dynatrace is aware of. That should make that easier.

I agree with you however that we could do a better job in providing this as a better integrated out-of-the-box functionality

Andi

antong2
Inactive

Hi Andreas

How can I plot or measure the time that the Agent was connected to dynaTrace?  Can I plot the Incidents?  

Anton