cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynaTrace Server didn't respond for 10s. Starting with local configuration!

shirishvijay_ra
Inactive

Due to the OS limitation AIX 5.3 we wont be able to upgrade it to newer version of DT for some of the web and app tiers. I can connect the DT 6.1 web server agents to 7 by disabling the bootstrap by

NoBootstrap true change in dtwsagent.ini file but I didn't find any such option for JVM parameters so the JVMs directly get upgraded to new version. so to avoid this I am using the DT 6.1 collector connected to DT 6.3 server and all the DT 6.1 agent are connected to DT 6.1 coll. Now I am planning to upgrade it to DT 7 keeping the DT 6.1 collector but it is not working!!

it is giving me dynaTrace Server didn't respond for 10s. Starting with local configuration!

error.

Does anyone tried this?

Any help on this is really appreciated

5 REPLIES 5

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Shirish,

Have a look on component compatibility from the following link:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/insta...

If you have a need to keep old agent versions, it is possible during upgrade to keep the same agent version across application restarts. This command requires a target version of AppMon 6.3 or later, as well as bootstrap Agents 6.3 and later. The new bootstrap Agents must be connected to the old version Collectors before starting the Server upgrade.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/insta...

Regards,

Babar

Hello Babar,

Thanks for response... the problem is we need to keep the 6.1 collector connected to 7 as currently is it connected to 6.3. I am doing the PoC for it to see how the same configuration works in 7.0 but the 6.1 collector is not connecting to 7.0 DT server and as per the documentation it is supported so not sure what is going wrong

shirishvijay_ra
Inactive

Hello Babar,

Thanks for response... the problem is we need to keep the 6.1 collector connected to 7 as currently is it connected to 6.3. I am doing the PoC for it to see how the same configuration works in 7.0 but the 6.1 collector is not connecting to 7.0 DT server and as per the documentation it is supported so not sure what is going wrong

david_n
Inactive

Hello Shirish,

I would suggest confirming your port configurations in the collector.config.xml file and ensure that you are trying to connect to the DT server via the correct ssl/non-ssl ports.

Another thing that you can check is to make sure no firewall or network rules have changed that would prevent your collector from reaching the AppMon server.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

Thanks, The problem was the "ssl port" The server was not running with non-ssl port. after enabling it started working. Thanks again