cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

dynaTraceMonitor showing high response time in Gomez synthetic transaction

sumit_singh
Participant

4 REPLIES 4

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

That's the post of the UEM data back to the web server agent. The reason it's showing that is that it waits until everything else on the page has loaded before sending that data back, so it's normally one of the last activities on a page load but not the cause of a high response time.

I am receiving gomez alerts as soon as I enable UEM. dynaTraceMonitor showing the highest response time.

Also I see in Gomez dynaTraceMonitor object getting invoked multiple times. for example:

/dynaTraceMonitor?bwstate=0&unique=1490442693435

dynaTraceMonitor?bwstate=2&unique=1490442694081

dynaTraceMonitor?bwstate=6&unique=1490442696938

KlausEnzenhofer
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Sumit,

If you turn on UEM it adds additional requests for data collection. Those are sent async and have no impact on the user never the less they impact the End-to-End Response Time measured by Advanced Synthetic in some case. In your case the request you are pointing out are those from the UEM bandwidth calculation where in fact more data is sent over the wire. Please see section Bandwidth detection at the bottom of the JavaScript Agent page here

The only current resolution I have from top of my head is change the End to End - Response time and move to a different metric. We are launching "Visually Complete" for example which is a more representative metric for users real experience also you are getting this metric in UEM and Advanced Synthetic. Would a move like this work for you? Blog around Visually Complete

Cheers Klaus