cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

dynatrace 6.5 colourscheme

shm
Inactive

any chance we could change the awful colourscheme in 6.5 ?, everything is so bright! (at least enable a NOC colorscheme)

edit: strictly speaking about the rich client,- and running 6.5.7

9 REPLIES 9

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Stefan,

Are you specifically talking about the web/client dashboards or overall colour scheme?

Regards,

Babar

sorry, i should've been more specific, this is with regards to the rich clients new colourscheme. bright blue,brightgreen,brightbright!! - its like JJAbrams worked on the UX 😄

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

🙂 really colour conscious.

As @Michael L. said, create RFC for enhancement.

Mike_L
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

All dashboards can be changed to dark mode. If you update to of 6.5.4 or later that includes web dashboards.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Client dashboards can be changed either during creation (Use for Monitoring) or in the dashboard properties of existing dashboards.

speaking strictly the rich client - unfortunately, this is not an option for the builtin dashboards like the hostoverview and applicationsoverview. - and we are running 6.5.7

Mike_L
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

The built in dashboards are indeed very white. Create an enhancement request for it 🙂

Hi Stefan!

We are trying to do our best to make our interfaces (rich client and web) work best on your desktop, or when you show a dashboard on lower-contrast devices such as projectors etc. Both interfaces support dark modes for dashboards for monitoring. Analytics workflows will be kept uniformly the same - which is white.

Peter

indeed, however not the rich clients builtin "dashboards" like host overview and application overview. Which is what our incident and problem center has been using so far :).

Its been displayed on a 50" flatscreen monitor for the last 4 years now, and i have to admit that it is indeed much "brighter". I guess we could adjust the contrast on it, but that would meddle with the other stuff they have going on on that NOC screen.

so yeah.. unfortunate design alteration with regards to how we use it. Its not functionality breaking, but i did get spammed this morning (people seeing the 6.5 version for the first time), regarding if i could make colouration/saturation the same as pre 6.5

Why not allow an option to have the client run in a night mode? Like visual studio. What is the rationallity of keeping it bright all the time?