cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynatrace agent is not launched when i start the Jboss 6.3.

umeshsh
Participant

dynatrace agent is not launched when i start the Jboss 6.3. I made the below changes to my standalone.bat file

rem set "JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -agentpath:"C:\Program
Files\Dynatrace\Dynatrace
6.3\agent\lib64\dtagent.dll"=name=JBoss_PrototypeApp,server=txcdtl01us:9998"

Need help as we are stuck since 2 days.

Please help

7 REPLIES 7

umeshsh
Participant

I have dynatrace 6.3 installed. is it not working with Jboss 6.3 EAP?

umeshsh
Participant

Can someone help me please

rob_vollum
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Did you take the "rem" out? The "rem" makes that line a comment.

Rob

umeshsh
Participant

I made the changes and below is the console output

JAVA_OPTS: "-verbose:gc -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5 -XX:GCLogFileSize=3M -XX:-TraceClassUnloading -XX:+UseCompressedOops -Dprogram.n
ame=standalone.bat -Xms1G -Xmx1G -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djboss.modules.policy-permissions=true -Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.jboss.byteman -agentpath:C:\Program File
s\Dynatrace\Dynatrace 6.3\agent\lib64\dtagent.dll=name=JBoss1_PrototypeApp,server=txcdtl01us7256:9998"

===============================================================================

Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not find agent library C:\Program in absolute path, with error: Can't find dependent libraries

It is not able to find the libraries

rob_vollum
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

You have to make sure when you have spaces in file names (such as c:\Program Files) that you have double-quotes around them so the entire name is recognized. Otherwise (as it did here) it stops parsing the filename at the first space, as indicated in the error that nothing was in the directory "c:\Program". Note also (I don't know what your command parser will do) that you may have to double-up the backslashes; for example "c:\\Program Files\\Dynatrace....."

This is normal shell-script processing logic, outside of the realm of AppMon. When you get those details sorted out, your JVM should start successfully.

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

If you cannot easily fix the issue with quotes, you can always just make symlink (mklink /D) in Windows so you then can use a directory with no spaces (C:\Dynatrace63 pointing to "C:\Program Files\dynaTrace\Dynatrace 6.3" for example).

HTH,

dave

gyanendra_tripa
Newcomer

Use path like this : C:\PROGRA~1\Dynatrace\DYNATR~1.0

This will fix the space related issue, it is working fine on windows.

Thanks !!

Gyanendra