cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

dynatrace feedback - unusable product

gokhan_kocak
Newcomer

10 REPLIES 10

gokhan_kocak
Newcomer

It was not possible to configure dynatrace in our environment.

It requested 4 restarts and it still cannot be started.

I'm very disappointed with dyntrace.

I cannot imagine how long it will take to install this product to 900 servers?

Mission impossible.

WHy should I restart IIS, WAS, WWW 4 times?

And the product still does not work after 4 restarts?

I'm sure there is just a simple error somewhere. Either a small config setting gone wrong or similar.

Can you post any log files from your WAS, Dynatrace Server/Collector?

Usually after everything is configured correctly only one restart is required and you are ready to go.

Btw. some of our customers have thousands of components monitored and update them automatically after an initial configuration.

Certified Dynatrace Master, Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

This is the warning I found in one of the log files:

2015-08-05 17:01:01.820646 [13972/000001b8] warning [native] Starting without instrumentation, agent did not match a system profile.

This means there is a mismatch for the agent name (the parameter you added to the JVM argument) and what was configured on the dynatrace side.

Can you post your full Java argument path that you use to launch WAS or the configuration you made for IIS?

Also your System Profile would be interesting as that's were the mapping is defined.

Did you use the configuration wizard upon first launch of dynatrace or configure it manually?

I don't understand your questions well. THis is the first time I'm using Dynatrace.

Your partner in my country came and created a "profile". I think this system is not in that profile.

I don't know how to add it there either.

Gokhan,

I've learned that you also are in contact with our free trial support. They told me that there was some misconfiguration caused by a customized System Profile created by a partner. Were you able to resolve your issues with our free trial team?

Reinhard

Hi. Sounds like you're using a product version prior to 6.2 as well. 6.2 would have automatically mapped the agent to the default system profile. I highly recommend making sure you are using 6.2 regardless of the issue. 

I received another reboot request from Dynatrace representative. What a bad product! I restarted everything 17 times but it still requires a reboot.

gokhan_kocak
Newcomer

I think it should not be so difficult to setup this software.

I have only 3 systems for Dynatrace and  I took 1 month to setup.

Still it does not work.

I cannot understand this.

Unacceptable.

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

FYI - cross linking two parallel discussions here: Install is not possible