We recently upgraded our 6.2 DEV environment to 6.3 using easyTravel provide the traffic feed to validate the changes. We noticed since we upgraded to 6.3 we are seeing only half as many purepaths and web requests from easyTravel.
The purepaths we are seeing are in working order and appear correctly as do other components, there are just less of them. There doesn't appear to be anything in the easyTravel error logs to indicate why there is not as much traffic.
Has anyone else experienced this or can offer some insight?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Is it possible that the Servlet sensor has some filters in it that were not there in the previous release? This assumes that you upgraded EasyTravel as well and subsequently imported a new Profile from EasyTravel into your dT AppMon instance.
I checked the filter, but couldn't see anything. I had a closer look at easyTravel, and although it was reporting "everything okay" once I restarted the entire app (by fully closing and reopening) it reported a COR_PROFILE not set error. I investigated but couldn't find the issue it was reporting. I restarted it again (completely closed and re-opened) and the problem did not re-occur and traffic returned to normal.
I think I may have to pin this to "easyTravel Weirdness" and let it go.
If I'm not wrong, when we instrument .NET agents, we create 2 environment variables:
The first one enables the monitoring (value as '0x01') of the process(es) identified in 'COR_PROFILER'. Thus, if we have the 'COR_ENABLE_PROFILING' enabled w/o 'COR_PROFILER', we would get this error that you've experienced.
The point of why that happend is just because... Windows... .NET...