cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

for getting information on each dashlets by Dynatrace6.5

ksk_natsume
Inactive

Hi, This is Ryotaro

In Our environment, I couldn't see the information On the screens.
Diagnose Performance
-Components
-Memory Allocation
-Messaging
-Remoting
-Tagged Web Request

I think these dashlets are automatically recorded when the target event exists in the transaction.

Is there any dashlet on these that cannot get infomation without making changes from the default settings?
is there just no target event in the transaction?

I am worried that there is incompleteness of information acquisition due to omission of setting.

Please answer the question below.

Q1.Is there any dashlet on these that cannot get infomation without making changes from the default settings?, or is there just no target event in the transaction?

Q2.Please tell me what kind of operation will transactions occur about each dashlet will get information?

Best Regards

Ryotaro

6 REPLIES 6

pahofmann
Leader

Don't worry if you have no data in these dashlets, Components, Messaging and Remoting are for specific technologies, it may just be that you don't use these technologies in your applications.

Memory Allocations shows information about explicitly placed memory sensor (Information about the allocation of objects), this will be empty if you have set no memory sensors.

Tagged Web Requests shows all Web Requests that are tagged with a specific x-dynatrace header and can be used e.g. for monitoring tests, so if you have not instrumented any tests, this will also be empty.

If you have the dashlet open, just hit F1 in the client and you get right to the corresponding Documentation Page with all the information about the dashlet.

Hi, Patrick

Thank you for your answer. I think I need change some setting from default.

■I think, for Components dashlets, I need to enable the sensor "EJB Invocation", right?

■For Memory Allocations, I need to enable the sensor "Map" and "Collection", right?

I also want to ask additional question about Memory Allocations dashlets.

■Is it possible that the performance of the application will be affected by enable the memory sensor?

■Therefore, in principle, sensors should not be set and should be enable only for those I need to get the infomation, right?

Best Regards

Ryotaro

Yes you should place the memory sensors only if needed for detailed analysis or problem resolution.

Hi, Patrick

Thank you for your answer.

I do not have much knowledge about applications, so I cannot much image. Specifically, what kind of operation when I do, the information will be displayed in the each dashlet? (like, in message dashlets:When an application is linked with a message application and receives a message transmission / reception transaction) please tell me each example operation for explain our customer. sorry for besic question though.

Best Regards

Ryotaro

pahofmann
Leader

The Messaging Dashlet aggregates messages (JMS, MSMQ,...) by destination and message type.

The Documentation has examples for all Dashlet where you see the information they contain.