cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

host monitoring agent

ksk_natsume
Inactive

Hi, This is Ryotaro

I 'd like to check the "host monitoring" settings.

I asked on the past to confirm the host monitoring agent in the "transaction flow dashboard", because the host monitoring agent can not be confirmed in the transaction flow. then I was told to confirm from the "infrastructure" screen.

Even if I introduce Host Monitoring Agent on the same host for the DB already displayed in the transaction flow, I can not see the host status of it?
If I can see the host status of "DB server" on the transaction flow, please tell me how.

could Host Monitoring Agent information only be confirmed from the infrastructure screen after all?

Best Regards

Ryotaro

3 REPLIES 3

david_n
Inactive

Hello Ryotaro,

The reason you would not be able to see the host metrics for a host monitoring agent in the transaction flow is that it is not tying the host metrics with the transaction data that the other deep dive agents are reporting. The purpose of the host agent is to only provide metrics on the infrastructure of the host it is running on, because it only does this, the Dynatrace server will not tie that host and its infrastructure metrics to the transactions in the transaction flow.

All the host data will be available in the infrastructure overview dashlet like you mentioned so you could open the two side by side in a dashboard if you want to monitor everything in a single view.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

Hi,David

thankyou!

so, Even if I introduce Host Monitoring Agent on the same host for the DB already displayed in the transaction flow, Since the purpose and the confirmation point of view are different, the host information of the DB server does not change on the transaction flow screen. right?

Yes, that is exactly right. I too wish they could be correlated, but as it is currently, they are not.

Thanks,

David Nicholls