cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i resolve the issue of blank pure path with high response time only on web server?

mohit
Inactive

11 REPLIES 11

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

What do you mean by blank PurePath? Can you post screenshot?

James,

I think Mohit means Purepath with node size of one, hence the purepath hotspot there on the top right corner would only show one huge chunk which is web server.

Is that correct, Mohit?

@Wai Keat C.

:Yes! you are absolutely right the chunk is of light green and on web server only.

Please suggest how can we check the methods and class calling as stack trace(purepath tree) is only showing web request with high execution time.inci.png

mohit
Inactive
@James K.

:I have attached the screen shot kindly look into it, and please help us to find the resolution.

@Wai Keat C.

:Yes! you are absolutely right the chunk is of light green and on web server only.

Please suggest how can we check the methods and class calling as stack trace(purepath tree) is only showing web request with high execution time.

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Ah okay, from what I can find this is expected. Here is some from information from an old support case that asked about this:

"The 408 error means that there was never a full HTTP request, so there is most often no way to show more detailed information about it. Even if the request line was sent already and the client browser stopped sending only after that, the web server doesn't necessarily store the URL or other useful information anywhere. So there simply are no more details; as you also mention, this also happens every now and then for example due to port scanners, in which case not a single byte is being sent after the connection has been opened."

So basically it seems like client opens a TCP connection, but never actually sends a real request thus reaching that timeout you see for the response times with no additional details available.

James

@James K.: thanks for the reply 🙂

mohit
Inactive

Dear @James K.: Thanks for the reply, but is their any way to find the user and his actions performed or how can we resolve this to not show in pure path, as client is always asking why it is showing pure path blank with high response time .

mohit
Inactive

blank.pngDear @James K. , @Wai Keat C.

Attached the snapshot for the issue: kindly help to resolve this.

Blank pure paths with high response time.

In the ticket I pulled that information from they said they would stop showing PurePaths with that 408 response in future versions since it is almost never actually a server issue but rather a client or network one - however I don't know if and when that may have been implemented. Apart from that I don't believe there is any setting in earlier versions to stop seeing those. You may want to open a case with support and reference SUPDT-23711 if you find this to be important, they may be able to provide some additoinal info.

mohit
Inactive

retail-session-blank-pure-5b2017-09-18-10-55-585d.dts@James K.

Dear James, Can u tell me to determine what type of request or transaction it is.

As client is asking :-

The unknown pure path/request count seems very high (45 such requests in last 30 mins).

Each request is consuming the bandwidth and resource in webservers for almost 5mins until it is timed out.

It may have significant impact on server performance.

We have raised this issue earlier as well, kindly work on it to get the root cause of the issue so that we can forward it to proper channel for resolution

@Wai Keat C.: Kindly help