cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

how solve a Frontend server out of memory

Hi,

I've a purepath with a size of 3 000 000 lines.

I would like to see it in purepath dashlet but I've always an out of memory.

Currently dynatrace is configure with large option (ie -memory large in ini file).

I've tried with xlarge just on frontend, but I received some warning mail about memory size not aligned between frontend server and dynatrace server.

I know the main issue is the purepath lenght, but I would like to browse it.

Is it possible ?

Pierre

3 REPLIES 3

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Pierre,

PP size is unbelievable big 🙂

Just change the size as xlarge in the server.ini and try one more time and also try to increase the heap size of dynatrace client (try to use the 64bit).

Regards,

Babar

florent_duchate
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Pierre,

to be able to record a purepath with a size of 3000000 lines you must have increased the maximum purepath size from the default of 10,000. Beyond this limit the server would simply not show the rest of the purepath.

We do it for this specific reason to avoid out of memory errors. Your client will probably run out of memory too by the way.

To be fair, I wouldn't be able to read a purepath with 3 million lines unless I had several days to spare so you might ask yourself why the purepath is so large in the first place? Are you instrumenting a batch process or you are instrumented every single class in your code base? This is typically when I see large purepaths.

Increasing to XLarge might help but you will need the physical resources on your server. I would really recommend not having such large purepaths in the first place unless you are on a development environment but for sure NOT on production.

Regards

Flo

Thanks all,

this is a batch process using massively threads pool, explaining the purepath size.

At first approach, I capture the entire batch, and after I refine sensor to have shorter purepath somewhere inside.

Regards

Pierre