cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

how to get data of the offline java agents

Is it possible to get data of the offline agents. I tried but it is not listing the offline agents in the filter.

could anyone help me.

Thanks,

Viji R.

13 REPLIES 13

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

On the agents overview dashlet there is an icon (first on the left at the top right) that let's you see the currently offline agents, if that is what you mean.

HTH,

dave

Thanks for your reply.

I aware of that. I look for the captured data cpu, memory, purepath, etc., when I tried a new chart, it is not showing the offline agents to filter. then , how can I get data of those offline ones.

Thanks for your reply.

I aware of that. I look for the captured data cpu, memory, purepath, etc., when I tried a new chart, it is not showing the offline agents to filter. then , how can I get data of those offline ones.

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Ok, I understand your use case now, and I do not think there is a way to set up a chart splitting value, filter, etc. for an agent that is currently not connected. Maybe someone else knows a way and can post it...

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Have you tried setting the timeframe of your dashboard to a timeframe where the agent was active?

Yeah I tried that custom time frame and the split by agent option. It works. Thanks All.

I think your option is to set the dashboard timeframe as Andi suggested and use 'Agents by Pattern' filter option in the dashboard.

-Sreerag

scott_frandsen
Participant

@Andreas Grabner I am facing this same issue. Changing the time frame does not change the list of agents in the chart split or Status Overview. If it makes a difference, the agents I'm looking for do not show as offline or online. They are just not there (the JVM's were shut down gracefully about a week ago) no matter what time frame I use. Is it possible to still add these agents to a dashboard?

hi,

I am able to retrieve the data of the offline agents. Select custom charts, and spilt by agent. Select the custom date range when the agent was online. Now the data will be pulled from the performance warehouse and it will show the DB symbol in the agent name also. So we will be aware that this data is from DB.

-Viji.

michael_taylor
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

If the agents are no longer connected to Dynatrace I do not believe you can chart on the measures anymore.

michael_taylor
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

well atleast you can select them. But if you had a report saved already and went back in time you should still see the data

scott_frandsen
Participant

Thank you for the input. I tried Viji's solution, but it I still don't see the agents. I'll make sure our warehouse still has data for these agents. (FYI, using 6.1.0.8231)

You can check the storage management in,

Settings --> dynatrace Server --> performance warehouse --> Storage management.