cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

how to setup conversion goals?

ramakrishnan_p-
Organizer

there is a ask from our business for the following

1. How much business is commerce generation on a website?
    is there any way to find out through Dynatrace? if yes how?
  2. What are the pages that customers traverse before
    making a decision to buy a product? came to know it is possible with need to setup conversion goals.

1 REPLY 1

adam_gardner
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Ramakrishnan,

1. You need to understand (from a business perspective) where the revenue is captured (or represented) in your codebase (HTTP POST, method argument, method return value, combination of these)? Then you can create the relevant measures for each type to capture the revenue value.

From there, create a business transaction which "wraps" each of these measures.

2. By creating a conversion goal (eg. on your "successful payment" page) you can then filter the user visits down to only those visits where customers purchased. From there, drill down into the user actions and you'll see the pages.

On a side note, this is much easier to do in Dynatrace (our new product). For example, revenue capture: Simple create a request attribute which would capture an HTTP POST parameter globally.

From there, charting is simply a single click. See here for my summed revenue charted over time:

I'd highly recommend you try our new Dynatrace platform for these usecases. I'm confident you'll find it much easier to achieve your goals. Here's a free trial link > https://www.dynatrace.com/trial