cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to solve th essue of agent's out-of-memory? I sthere any paramer for ths ?

sophie_wang
Contributor

4 REPLIES 4

joshua_pavlica
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello, Sophie! Can you please provide more details/screenshots of what the issue might be? This will help us to be able to understand your situation better.

sophie_wang
Contributor

From the agent's log file, I grabbed all warning and severe messages like these

2017-03-19 06:33:23 [952d7881] warning [native] Capability can_redefine_any_class not available. There may be problems with Hot Sensor placement.

2017-03-19 06:34:27 [1bff8881] warning [java ] Retrieving stats array for module: 'j2cModule,jmsConnections,JMS$MQ7_CLIENT_QCF' returned null. This may be caused by a not yet initialized module. If subscriptions for this module do not provide data after initialization, please check module path.

2017-03-20 13:10:00 [7e0c8881] severe [native] Exception in controller: receiveExact() ... not connected, 70014, End of file found. Retrying every 10 seconds.

and from Diagnose runtime->total memory, I saw Potential native memory leak! Process memory is 6.71GB

used memoery: 2.55GB

process memory: 6.71GB

Max. memory: 4.5GB

Thus, I beleved the application JVM memory is too small. The question is how to reset the agent's memory" May I take the agent's memory is actually the application JVM memory?

Thanks

Sophie

The agent's log file did not show much information. Here are the warning and severe messages I grabed from its log.

2017-03-19 06:33:23 [952d7881] warning [native] Capability can_redefine_any_class not available. There may be problems with Hot Sensor placement.

2017-03-19 06:34:27 [1bff8881] warning [java ] Retrieving stats array for module: 'j2cModule,jmsConnections,JMS$MQ7_CLIENT_QCF' returned null. This may be caused by a not yet initialized module. If subscriptions for this module do not provide data after initialization, please check module path.

2017-03-20 13:10:00 [7e0c8881] severe [native] Exception in controller: receiveExact() ... not connected, 70014, End of file found. Retrying every 10 seconds.

From Diagnosis runtime memory part, I cannot see any item for this agent

From Diagnose Runtime->total memory, I saw:

Potential native memory leak!

Used memory: 2.55GB

Process Memory: 6.71GB

Max. memory: 4.5GB

THus, the question is how to increase the agent's memory size? May I take the application JVM memory size as the agent's memory used?

Thanks

Sophie

From the Total Memory dashlet you are referencing, you are correct in thinking the JVM Memory Size is too small for the amount of Memory the Application Process is using.

The Dynatrace Agent is loaded as part of the process you've instrumented on the JVM, and while it uses some JVM resources to perform its job, it has a very small overhead (typically between 2-5%).

I would investigate to see what part of your Application Process is using a lot of the Memory Heap, and I might suggest increasing the overall size of the JVM Memory too in order to handle the load.