cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

how to trigger Alert on no data by monitor?

vdalal
Newcomer

Anyone know, how to trigger a incident when there is no data (measure value null) by a MQ/SOAP or other monitors?

3 REPLIES 3

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Vikash,

Can you please more elaborate your requirements, if you are not asking for the throughput of transactions because we can configure the incident on the throughput with the specified timeframe?

Regards,

Babar

Thanks for the reply Babar.

Let's consider the actual case I am having. I am monitoring my MQ channels for connection count, status and messages. I gets the measure values from MQ plugin monitor if there is at least one connection but if there is no connection available to monitored MQ channel then the MQ monitor itself doesn't fetch any data and all measured measures shows values as null which I can't use to define threshold values for that particular measure.

I am looking for a way to trigger a incident when there is no data(null values) by MQ plugin monitor.

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Here is a thought that might work as we have used this for other measures as well that might not return a value. You can create an Incident based on one of these measures that will not provide a value. On the Condition for that measure select "Count" as Aggregation. Now you have to edit the measure and specify 0 as the lower threshold.

The idea now is that the Incident will trigger in case The Number of Measure Points delievered for this Measure are < 0 - which basically means: when there is no value for that measure.

Can you give this a try?