Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

method dashlets_Exception

ksk_natsume
Inactive

Hi, This is Ryotaro.

I want to ask about "method dashlets".

In our environment, we cannot see the number of exception on method dashlets.

It will be shown "-". should I any setting for get exception information?

I have to explain to our customer. so please tell me as soon as possible.

thank you

Best regards

Ryotaro

9 REPLIES 9

pahofmann
Champion

It might be that you have to disable Exception aggregation, I'm not sure though.

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Ryotaro,

The exception column in Methods dashlet shows the number of times that method exited by exception. Is it possible that for the time period you selected, there were no methods that exited due to exception?

Remember that we capture exceptions, even for non-instrumented methods, so just because you see Exceptions in the Exception Dashlet, does not mean they will show any values in the Methods Dashlet Exception column.

Try selecting a larger time range for Methods dashlet and see if any values show up.

joe

Hi, Joseph and Patrick

Thank you for your answer.

If I want to get the value of non-instrumented methods, How should I change the setting?

I mean I want to change non-instrumented methods to instrumented methods.

Can I do that?

Best regards

Ryotaro

To instrument a method you need to place a Sensor. You should check out the APM University or the YouTube tutorials. There is a lot of good information there.

ksk_natsume
Inactive

Hi, Joseph,Thank you for your quick responce.

I tried larger time range for Methods dashlet, but I cannot see the any value.

>Remember that we capture exceptions, even for non-instrumented methods, so just because you see >Exceptions in the Exception Dashlet, does not mean they will show any values in the Methods >Dashlet Exception column.

If I want to get the value of non-instrumented methods, How should I change the setting?

Can I do that? Also, is it general (effective)?
Or do not make much sense?

Best regards

Ryotaro

The methods Dashlet only shows instrumented methods.

If you want to see the exceptions for not instrumented methods you have to look directly in the purepath, e.g. Drilldown from the errors dashboard.

ksk_natsume
Inactive

Hi, Patrick, Thank you for your answer.

I have an additional question.

instrumented methods by default and what is not
How are they defined?

It is necessary to ask the customer to generate an exception with the instrumented methods.

Best regards

Ryotaro

Some Methods are instrumented by default because they are contained in the predefined sensor packs. You can take a look at them under Server Settings -> Sensor Packs.

ksk_natsume
Inactive

Hi, Patrick

I see. Thank you for your answer.

Best Regards

Ryotaro