cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monitoring the PING Identity environment with AppMon

johnroncaglione
Organizer

We have PING Identity setup in our environment which includes the federate, access, and directory components. We are trying to setup monitor of the complete transaction flow as the user authenticates through PING and then gets passed on to the application.

We are not seeing the full transaction flow through all of the PING components, so it is getting broken into separate transactions.

We have the Java processes instrumented and I believe the dtcookie will be passed on by PING.

Does anyone have experience with monitoring PING and seeing the complete transaction flow across components and the application?

3 REPLIES 3

How did you create agent group? Manually or via wizard? It is possible that you have not turned on proper sensor packs.

Sebastian

I manually created it, but I believe I have all of the needed sensor packs turned on.

If you're sure that all needed sensors are turned on, then question is if there is any LoadBalancer, F5 or proxy between components which may remove headers from requests. Dynatrace is using them for tagging transactions and combining them into one.

Another question is do you see on PurePath execution of external webrequests that should match your other component? If not it is possible as well that you have to instrument something manually.

Sebastian