cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report font differs between scheduled and ondemand reports

thun
Advisor

Hello,

we noticed that there is a difference in the font used for a pdf report when it is scheduled or generated on demand.

Is there a way to influence the font type that should be used? I noticed some older postings from 2014 which indicated that it wasn't possible in earlier releases but what about the actual 6.3 releases or upcoming ones?

Best regards

Friederike

3 REPLIES 3

dominik_stadler
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

There are a number of fonts that are tried when creating the PDF document. If none of them is available, the system falls back to some default fonts.

As scheduled reports are created on the Dynatrace Server and ondemand ones on the Dynatrace Client, it seems the Clients have different fonts installed than the server-machine.

The default order of font-families that are tried is: ArialUnicodeMS,MingLiU,sans-serif

where MingLiU is mainly used for rendering Japanese Kanji characters. So if ArialUnicodeMS is not available the system will choose one of the available sans-serif fonts.

You can try to force a specific font to be used by specifying a system property as follows

"-Dcom.dynatrace.diagnostics.reporting.pdf.font=<fontname>" in the dtserver.ini or dtclient.ini and restart the component.

derick_hewetson
Organizer

@Dominik S. , is there a similar setting to control the font used in an HTML report viewed on the server?

dominik_stadler
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I am not working in that area for some time now, but as far as I know this setting is specific for the PDF report, the HTML report does not observe any similar setting.