cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reproces/reanalyze sessionstorage - business transaction feed

shm
Inactive

I need some clarification, regarding the BT feed.

If a session is stored, - and new BT's are built into this stored session (with existing sensors). Reprocessing this session will populate the new BT's. But will the BT feed also publish reprocessed sessions from the session storage?

or is the BT feed solely usable for realtime/online processing?

5 REPLIES 5

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

When you have a stored session and reprocess it all of the activity is occurring on the client so it wouldn't publish this data as far as I'm aware. I would be very very surprised if that wasn't the case.

James

shm
Inactive

even though the session is stored on the server? (not an export / offline)

martina_resutik
Inactive

Hi Stefan,

If you have stored the session on the server, then the changes to the system profile (and also reprocessing of the configuration changes) will be visible for all users that can access the server (user permissions to be kept in mind concerning the confidential strings...).

The changes will be proper to your client only if you are working with offline sessions that are not being made available on the server.

For this reason it is important to know which changes have been applied to stored sessions also keep in mind that if you try to create a measure for a sensor that have not been placed in the live session, prior to the session being stored, there will be no data available. But I beleive you are aware of this looking at your original post:)

Hope this helps,

Martina

shm
Inactive

Thanks for the answer and insights Martina.

But our fundamental question is, - if we re-proces a stored session (while stored in on the server) - will this reprocessing also publish BT's with enabled Http exports (that is the BT feed).

Hi Stefan,

Apologies, I have misinterpreted your question. When you reprocess configuration changes on a stored ssession, the metrics are not being written to the PWH, but am not sure about the HTTP Export. I will try to find someone who knows the aswer and give you an update.

This link describes the PWH described behavior:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DOCDT65/Process+Configuration+Changes+-+Re-Analyze+Stored+or+Offline+Session

Martina