cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

setting value of Default incident

ksk_natsume
Inactive

I would like you to tell me the threshold of the setting for each item in the default incident list.
Is there a description in the manual?

I want to know the reference value (How many% or how many sec etc ...)

Best Regards

Ryotaro Natsume

6 REPLIES 6

Hello Ryo,

I think there is no such manual for selection of time-frame or threshold(except the documentation.)

The correct practice is either to get the threshold requirements clarified from the Business/ Team or estimate from the Trend by plotting a weeks data in dynatrace. So hit the new dashboard, plot the metric, set the granularity (important). And see for anomaly (rise/fall) in the trend. Then decide the threshold and the timeframe duration.

For example:

1. Create a dip alert whenever the number of login count dips less than 300 in 5 minutes.

2. Create a slowness alert when 2000+ Purepath have response time above 2 second in last 5 minutes.

Regards, Rajesh.

Cody_Kachelski
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hello Ryo,

Rajesh is right, and creating a custom alert is often the best option. Many of the default incidents are based on pre-defined conditions. However, the "response time degraded" and "failure rate" incidents for baselined business transactions, can be edited by changing the violation detection settings of the individual business transaction.

ksk_natsume
Inactive

Thank you for your answer.

I just want to know the threshold that is set for the incidents that exist by default.

for example, "Host Memory Unhealthy" , Is this displayed when the host's memory usage exceeds what percentage?
same as
"Host Disk Unhealthy" , what percentage?
"Host Network Unhealthy" , what percentage?
"Host CPU Unhealthy" , what percentage?
"Response time degraded" Howmany sec?
I couldn't edit Incident rule so I couldn't see the threshold.
and I couldn't get the information on documentation.

Do I have to make new rules?

Best Regards

Ryotaro Natsume

Hi Ryo,

The out-of-the-box incidents are triggered by dyntrace on multiple detection rules and these measures might not have EXPLICIT measures.

1. Host Memory Unhealthy: This is triggered when high number of page faults occur or <=10% of RAM is free or less than 1 GB is free.

2. Host Disk Unhealthy: The Host has at least one disk with insufficient free space.

3. Host Network Unhealthy: Network traffic exceeds 90% of Ethernet's bandwidth.

4. Host CPU Unhealthy: CPU utilization (System Time > 15%) is high or CPU Load factor is high

5. Response time degraded: The response time of a web request or BT is higher than baseline. You can also set static threshold. But It is better to leave it auto-baselined.

Please look up these on the Incident Dashboard or the Documentation.

Also note, you can create separate custom alerts. Let me know if you need any inputs.

Do I have to make new rules?

It depends upon requirements of your application environment. However, I would advise to leave the default incidents as it is. For most of the time these incidents work well and good.

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Ryotaro,

You can't edit and delete the built-in or default incidents.

Follow the instructions form the link and to define the new thresholds of infrastructure:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Regards,

Babar