cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

show running task pop up window not available anymore in 6.3

laura_lu
Contributor

Hi, in 6.3 when I launch a task (open a dashlet, take dumps etc), the pop up window showing progress bar of running task is not available anymore, is this a bug? It is very bad user experience cause some tasks take a long time, if there is no progress bar, it looks to users that dt client is not responding. I tried to click the 'show running task' button on the bottom right, nothing happens.

7 REPLIES 7

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Laura,

Are you talking about the below running task progress?

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar, no, i'm talking about the popup window with a progress bar. Mem dump is just an example, any task that takes longer than a few secs will display that popup in old version, but not in 6.3. See my screenshots.

gabriel_casella
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Are you using the Linux client?

laura_lu
Contributor

Hi, I'm using windows client in a VM. 6.1 client on the same VM works fine, see screenshot from 6.1.

buttontoshowrunningtask-noresponse.pngrunningtaskpopup.png

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Laura,

Show running task information is still there in the version 6.3.x but you are right that popup windows does not appear automatically and even a click on it does not bring up the popup widows. I guess by default tasks are running in the background.

We an see the progress of tasks in the Tasks - Monitors Dashboard in the Current Run column.

Regards,

Babar

How can I force the popup windows to appear? Thanks.

Hello Laura,

I tried but could not successful. Might be someone else can put the input.

Regards,

Babar