cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

skipped, because the agent was started with the profiling interface or doesn't possess the required VM capability

ajeet_pratapsin
Newcomer

I am trying to perform a hot sensor placement but agents are skipping every time. Also hot sensor placement is Always On in advanced settings of Agent Mapping. Below is the message I am getting:

skipped, because the agent was started with the profiling interface or doesn't possess the required VM capability

P.S: This question has already been asked on the forum but the suggested answer (hot sensor placement is Always On in advanced settings of Agent Mapping) didn't work for me. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

david_n
Inactive

Hello Ajeet,

Have you restarted the JVM since changing the agent settings to have hot sensor placement always on? It requires a restart to have the configuration changes applied.

If you have, I would suggest opening a support ticket so that they can further assist you with this issue.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

Thanks David!

No, I had not restarted the JVMs before I was trying HSP. Now when restart is done, I removed the existing sensor and added a new one (still HSP is Always On) and could see below message while doing hot sensor placement:

Performing hot sensor placement on the agent 'agent name' can lead
to spurious crashes. Are you sure to perform a HSP for this agent?

Options are: i) Yes ii) Yes to all iii) No iv) Cancel

Note: Here I have 12 agents and this message is coming for each one by one.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Ajeet

Hi Ajeet,

I am glad that the restart brought you closer to your goal. If you click "Yes to all" when that pop up is displayed it shouldn't reappear for that round of hot sensor placements. It pops up by default because in rare cases it could cause issues when they are placed while the JVM is running.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

Thanks David, it helped and now I am good to go