cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

stop record of a purepath

Hi,

I've a batch to dynatrace, so I've define a sensor somewhere there is an iteration, for instance in the loop processing all contracts, I've define the sensor in the method processing a contract.

I would like now to capture the start of batch before the looping, so is there a mean to configure a sensor to get a purepath from one method starting the record to another method stopping the record ?

By this I will have a sensor for the batch start and another sensor for the iteration inside the batch.

How handle this ?

Regards

Pierre

4 REPLIES 4

By this I will have a sensor for the batch start and another sensor for the iteration inside the batch. and I will have one purepath for the batch start and x purepathes for the iteration

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi Pierre

Unfortunately there is no option like this available in the moment through the regular sensors. Using our Tagging ADK for Java it might be possible to "stop" a PurePath by clearing the PurePath tag - but - I have to be honest: I am not sure if this works nor have I tested it. It also requires you to put a call to setTagFromString("") into the method that should stop the PurePath. If you are willing to give this a test run go ahead and tell me whether this works. Would be very interesting. When our Sensors detect a new PurePath we basically set the PurePath Tag on the current thread using setTag or setTagFromString. I assume that - when calling setTagFromString("") or setTagFromString(null) it will clear that tag. so - when the next "Entry Point Sensor Method" gets called it most likely starts a new PP

Let me know if you give this a try

kristof_renders
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Please create an RFE for this! (smile)

RFE done : Stop purepapth recording

@Andi: I won't be able to try your solution.