cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

stucked threads

oscar_trobo1
Participant
Hi
Is there any way to see stucked threads without create a thread dump?

A greeting
typing oscar.trobo@ext.madrid.org
4 REPLIES 4

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

If you look at a PurePath you can make the "Thread Name" column visible. It will then show you which threads are actually executing your transactions. You would then also see which threads take most of the time - which ones are e.g: waiting on an external resource and with that "potentially getting stuck".

This only works of course if you actually capture PurePaths on those threads that get stuck. If you are trying to find background threads that are not covered by PurePaths you need to create thread dumps

oscar_trobo1
Participant
Hi Andreas
Thank you very much by response.
I've seen that I can create a metric of busy, idle and max threads.
This information Can give me idea of whether there are threads blocked?
Thanks
A greeting

typing oscar.trobo@ext.madrid.org

I believe hese are measures for the web servers (apache, iis, ...). These are metrics that these servers expose and we capture them. they basically tell us how many maximum worker threads are available, how many are currently busy executing requests and how many are idle. Its like a connection pool metric to the database: how many max connections do you have, how many are currently buys (= in use) and how many are currently in the connection pool sitting idle

andi

am00478975
Inactive

Hi All,

True they are for webserver .Could you please tell me if we can get the details on what is causing the hogging threads , i added the thread Name column but can not see values for all of the PP's . Also i am looking at PPs for weblogic .

Thanks in advance .

Regards,

Anusha