cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

test collector configuration

we have test server and a prod server .The prod agents connected to the prod server works fine , since we got the test server up and running recently , I setup a collector for the test server on a new VM , but when I try connecting to the test collect via a test agent it seems to be like connecting to the prod collector, both collectors run in different VMs ,

9 REPLIES 9

adam_gardner
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Sajidh, you don't mention the agent type, but make sure that the server (aka collector) parameter is set correctly to point to the test collector. For Java this will be in the -agentpath param. For the web server agent this will be defined in the dtwsagent.ini file. For .NET this will be configured via the GUI tool.

Hi , Adam

its a .net agent And I have configured the agent to connect to test collector using the GUI

and also dtwsagent.ini file in the conf directory also contains the test collector address , is there anyspecific settings that I should setup while installing the collector ?

Hello Sajidh,

dtwsagent.ini is only for the web server configuration.

Can you attach the logs?

Regards,

Babar

melory_zol2
Inactive

Hi Sajidh,

I would recommend you to check the collectorlist files. Check if you have the prod collectors configured there. If so, just erase the file and you will see that the agent will connect to the collector you configured on -agentpath like Adam mentioned.

On your agent machine check the folder <dynatrace Installation>\agent\conf.

Regards,

Melory

Hi , Melory

its a .net agent And I have configured the agent to connect to test collector using the GUI

and
also dtwsagent.ini file in the conf directory also contains the test
collector address , is there anyspecific settings that I should setup
while installing the collector ?

Theorically the way you configured is right, but I had a similar situation that my agent was connecting to other collector them the one I configured in the files. For this case the reason was because I had a collector list configured previously and the agent was picking one collector from the list.

Can you post the logs from agent?

Check this file:

d:/windows/temp/dynatrace/agent/conf/collectorlist.Cloud_UEMaaS

Probably you will have both collector in this file.

If so, delete this file and restart the agent.

If not, make sure when you ping the address dtcollector2.cloudapp.net it returns the correct IP.

changing the collector IP on

d:/windows/temp/dynatrace/agent/conf/collectorlist.Cloud_UEMaaS

fixed it ,

Thank you

dtcollector2 is the test collector address but its connecting to other collector IP