cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

the timing of update/discard the list file in collector group

ksk_natsume
Inactive

I want to know about the timing of update/discard the list file in collector group.

I asked before, but I couldn't get the answer well. so could you tell me more simply please?

Q1, The timing of receiving the list of collector groups is the timing at which the Agent connects to the collector. When the specified collector server (written in the configuration) is shutting down at the first connection, it can not connect to other collectors.

Yes or No?

Q2, In the second and subsequent connections, it can connect another collector since the Agent has a list of collector groups even when the Agent is restarted, even if the designated collector server (written in the configuration) is down at startup.

Yes or No?

I also want to know about these.

Q3, Is the group list possibly thrown away? when?
Q4, When is the timing to be updated the list?

Best regards

Ryotaro

2 REPLIES 2

igor_simoes1
Inactive

Q1: If the agent has never connected to any collectors yes, it will timeout and not connect

Q2: Yes, if the agent has successfully connected at list once to a collector, it will have updated its local collector list with the peers belonging to the collector group. During start up it will connect to one of the collectors on the list if the configured one is not available or if its under heavy loaded.

Q3: It may be thrown away at some time, but I have no idea on the rules for that.

Q4: Same answer as Q3 above.

ksk_natsume
Inactive

Hi, Igor. Thank you for your answer.

I see for Q1. and Q2. thx.

However, I want to know Q3. and Q4. for explain to our customer.

Could anyone help me?

Best regards

Ryotaro