Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transaction flow - synthetic

mark_gavin_3
Guide
rendering.png

Hi,

I am just trying to explain a transaction flow. Am I right in saying that the slowness of 12 seconds was 1.3 seconds of server time roughly (server and DB) and the

rest is basically unknown since we do not have agents (could be internet, network, other devices and rendering time?)

The synthetic requests which come in from another company seem to be a little slower than what users

are experiencing (not sure if that is expected)

Attached are the pictures.

Thanks

Mark

4 REPLIES 4

arihant_polavar
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Mark,

You are reading it right. Of the total 12.25 seconds, only 1.3 seconds of it was spent on the server side. Your rendering picture shows this too as it says 1390.02 for server contribution time.

Interesingly, it also says 0 seconds for network time. Are you able to drill into the 'Synthetic' tier at all for this transaction flow?

Thanks,

Ari

Thanks Ari.

I have attached two other pictures which might help. The synthetic is run by another company so I dont have access to that data. Will try and do that.

There seems to be a lot of time spent on redirection?

Here is the user action purepath. There seems to be 9.4 seconds before it starts to load anything?

slow2.png

Hi Mark,

The new pictures explain what it is happening a lot better. Looks like by the time the first web request was loaded, 9467ms had already elapsed which is the same as the URL Redirection time in the Navigation Timing details.

So my guess would be something in the synthetic layer is redirecting the request for a long time before actually executing it and that's what is causing this issue.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Ari

mark_gavin_3
Guide

Thanks Ari - will talk to the person who does the redirect.

Mark