cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

transaction status in the transaction flow dashboard

ksk_natsume
Inactive

Hi, This is Ryotaro

In the transaction flow dashboard, please tell me the conditions under which the "transaction status" display around the tier turns red.

Because, even though there is an error count(DB exception), the session data display the "transaction status" still green.※picture1

(When drilling down to the target purepath, db's transaction status will also be displayed in red)

※picture2

Why I couldn't see the transaction error on DB by transaction flow dashboard?

Best Regards

Ryotaro

8 REPLIES 8

ksk_natsume
Inactive

Hi, This is Ryotaro

I have to explain to customers the criteria for switching the status display of the transaction flow screen.

would anyone tell me that please?

Best Regards

Ryotaro

dennis_mispelba
Inactive

Hi Ryotaro,

well, when I check your picture2 screenshot, the DB status actually is red? Check the transaction status (top right of the circle) of the database tier -> it is red. I think you are wondering, why on the most left side (the webserver) the transaction is still marked as green. The answer to that is that the overall response (given by the webserver) was obviously as a response code, which does not indicate a failure (e.g. Response code 200 - OK). Thus, the DB expection is present (and marked as said before), however it does not have that impact, that the whole transaction is failed (as the response code is ok).

You can check the response code in the respective PurePath by doing "right-click - details" on the most upper part of the call tree.

Generally, keep in mind, on the transaction flow: the upper right part (transaction) is flagged red, only then the respective tier is "seeing" the error (if the impact of an underlying error is throwed upwards).

Hope this makes sense.

Best regards
Dennis

Thank you for your answer, Dennis.

However, I don't wondering about "why on the most left side (the webserver) the transaction is still marked as green?". I'm wondering "Why displays the transaction of DB is still marked as green on Picture1(Picture 2 transactions are included) which has a DB exception error in the period?".

Best Regards

Ryotaro

Hi Ryotaro,

ah alright. How many transactions have been performed in that period? Because, what I dont see unfortunately, is if the transaction flow has analyzed ALL the transactions in the respective timeframe. If you have much more than 50000 transactions, the transaction flow will only analyze approximately up to 50000 to show data already. You can make a full analysis by clicking "full analysis" on the top. Might be that the ones which where failing, where not analyzed as part of your screenshot in picture1.

I can only confirm that it should be the way as you are expecting it (that it should be red on the first screenshot as well). If it is not, I think, some data is accidentially filtered out.

Best regards
Dennis

Hi, Dennis.

Thankyou for your quick reply!

It was session data during 10 minutes.(5 minutes before and after the occurrence of the error transaction) total transactions are just 2071. then 4491 SQL are called.
I could see the error icon on database dash-let though.

dbinfo.pngdatabasedashlet.png

Yeah the general transaction flow should have it red then as well on the DB icon for that particular timeframe

ksk_natsume
Inactive

Hi, Dennis.

Thank you for your quick reply!

so, If I want to know why, should I open ticket?

or could anyone can tell me any reason?

Hi,
I think in this case a support ticket will be your best bet. I agree with Dennis that in this situation the DB transaction section should turn red. Maybe support will help us to find something that we missed.