cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visit are being splitted

gbeltramelli1
Contributor

hi friends!! i have this issue, the visits are being splitted even if the visit is under the same URL.

this happend a lot and in diferent apps.

Why??

16 REPLIES 16

pahofmann
Leader

This could happen if the user action fall into different application. Do the user actions fall in the same application? If yes, is there a new visit for every user action?

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I don't fully understand, are you seeing something like visits that are all 1 user action that should be grouped in one or some other behavior. Maybe a large number of applications? Visits can't travel across defined (or auto-detected) applications so maybe that is an issue?

Whats's contained in the screenshot is normal, different users visiting the application will be grouped individually. Please provide some more detail, even just more of what's in the visits dashlet you're looking at.

James

gbeltramelli1
Contributor

hello Patrick!! is the same application and yes every action is being counted as a new visit

gbeltramelli1
Contributor

@James K is the same app and the same user, in fact is the same visit wich is spplited by action, every action of the same visit is being counted as different visit.

sorry for my rusty english!!

No worries, and I've seen cases where this occurs when the dtcookie which is what is used to track actions across one visit is either lost or not carried between requests, leading to it being recreated when it is null and as a result each page load is seen as a new visit. Is this something new that occurred or is this the first time with UEM on the application?

gbeltramelli1
Contributor

first time with UEM on the application

Maybe wait for some more answers here as I haven't dealt with this first hand, but if you can't resolve it I would check with support. They'll likely ask for a Fiddler trace of a visit to see if and where the issue is more easily

gbeltramelli1
Contributor

ok, thank you very much!! let's wait a little bit

pahofmann
Leader

Can you check if the cookie is set correctly in the browser and if so, does not change with every new page load?

You can do so e.g. in chrome: open developer tools (F12) then open the applications tab. on the left site there is a entrie for cookies. The name is "dtCookie".

look what i realize!! the secure attribute of dtcookie under the UEM setting was "ON", but I was not using https, I turned it off and dtcookie appear

Great, so it's working fine now?

almost!! i still see some cases in one App. it's very strange!!

ok!! this was a diferente case! i think the problem is solved!!

Hi @Gastón B.,

I still have the same issue with an application, and also tried the dtCookie Secure attribute, but that didn't work.

Did you change anything else in the UEM configuration to fix it?

Thanks!

I too faced similar issue for hybrid app. My visits were getting split into two application one was default application and other was the custom app which I added into the UEM tab in System App profile. You should try shutting down UEM in default. Also remove auto detection of the Application and define one app for all applications. Then retry.

gbeltramelli1
Contributor

@Patrick H i´m not seeing it, other App same problema.