cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visits dashlet vs BT "Visits by User Experience and Country"

keshav_dixit
Guide

Hello Experts,

I’m seeing some differences in matching the count of visits of built in business
transaction “Visits by User
Experience and Country
and the count shown in “Visits” dashlet. Count in visits dashlet is higher than the
count shown in BT. Am I missing something here? Please help me understand this
difference.

Initially I thought, these may still running visits but when
looked at visit details in visits dashlet, visit state is Finished. Please see
snapshots below for reference.

Thanks,

Keshavbt.pngchart-bt.pngvisits-dashboard.pngdashboard1.png

10 REPLIES 10

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Keshav,

I reproduced your chart and found that there is no difference in between visits and the BT splitting by 'Visits by User Experience and Country' and you can see in the visits dashlet that all visits are active.

The screenshot 'dashboard1.png' is representing the User Actions which is based on the APDEX (Application Performance Index) and the 'Visit' based on the User Experience Index.

Regards,

Babar

keshav_dixit
Guide

Thanks for the rsponse Babar!
I'm not able to understand why there is a difference in chart-bt.png(1 visit) and visits-dashboard.png(31 visits) in my original post. Could there be a chance that something is broken in my environment?

Thanks,

Keshav

Hello Keshav,

Can you change the aggregation from 'Average' to 'Sum' or 'Count' in the chart-bt.png?

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Please see attached snapshots. I changed the aggregation to sum as well as count.

Thanks,
Keshav
visits-dashboard1.pngchart-visitsbyuserexpandcountry.png

sooryaprabha_mo
Inactive

Hi Keshav,

Re-created your scenario in my environment.

1)created the custom BT (Visit by User Experience and Country - Demo) , not touched the default one.

2)Opened the "Visit Dashboard" from cockpit and created the custom line chart by selecting "Visit Count" split by UserExperience index from the created BT - Visit by User Experience Index and aggregation as Sum and resolution as 10s and last 5 minutes duration in both "Visits dashboard" and chart which we created.

Both results matches 99.99%!!

visits.jpg

bt-visit-by-userexperience-index.jpg

I guess, issue in your setup is issue is in BT configuration, Kindly follow the BT - Configuration(create the new one) as per the above image and try it out!!

Hope this may help!!

Thanks

Soorya Mohan

keshav_dixit
Guide

Hi Soorya,

Thanks for checking on this. I created a custom BT following your configuration and the results are same as that earlier. Please see attached snapshots.
chart-visitsbyuserexpandcountry-demo.png
bt-visitsbyuserexpandcountry-demo.png

I think the issue here is that the BT “Visits by User Experience and Country looks for only 'Finished' visits in that time-frame and discards 'active' visits. If I apply a filter to visits dashboard to filter on visits whose 'End time within time frame' then counts in BT matches the count in visits dashboard.(I tried for couple of time frames and count matches) See "Visits_Dashboard_2.png" & "Chart_VisitsByUserExpandCountry_Demo.png"

visits-dashboard-2.png

@Babar Q., @Soorya Prabha M. - Can you please replicate to see if my understanding correct?

I'm want to show all the visits(finished and active) in our main dashboard along with user experience index, but right now I can see only visits only after they get finished.

Thanks,

Keshav

Hi Keshav,

In my setup, BT - visit by user experience and country and visit dashboard(default it will take finished one as per my knowledge) count matches.

Thanks

Soorya Mohan

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Keshav,

Do the following steps on in your environment and share the results.

First Chart Selection !!!

Second Chart Selection !!!

Dual Axis Chart Result !!! Hove-rover anywhere to see the result.

Regards,

Babar

keshav_dixit
Guide

Hi Babar,

Please find the attached snapshots.

Counts in Dual axis chart match. Along with I have attached two more snapshots of visits dashlet. One snap does not have any filter on visits data and other has a filter "End time within time frame" on visits data.

Visit count shown in visits dashlet without filter is higher than visit count shown in dual axis chart.

Visit count shown in visits dashlet with filter matches count shown in dual axis chart.

Thanks,

Keshav

dualaxischart.png

visits-withoutfilter.png

visits-withfilter.png

dashletfilter.png

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Keshav,

Because visit counts after the finished, therefore, in the filtering mode you have same numbers.

Regards,

Babar