cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what does throughput , failure rate and response time mean? --- Very URGENT

ramakrishnan_p-
Organizer

PFA screeshot..

what does throughput , failure rate and response means from the attached screenshot?

how each is calculated.?

what are all the recommendations i can give to business for the improvement?

4 REPLIES 4

Radu
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Ram,

You forgot to attach the screenshot.

Generally, throughput represents the number of transactions over time, represented as a value per minute; failure rate represents the percentage of transactions (out of all transactions) which have failed to complete (due to errors); response time represents the average response time of transactions (PurePaths), from when the request was started, to when the request has finished (excluding asynchronous calls).

Regards,

Radu

ramakrishnan_p-
Organizer

oh sorry... PFAthroughput.jpg

ramakrishnan_p-
Organizer

THanks Radu....

how each is calculated.?

what are all the recommendations i can give to business for the improvement?

Hi,

The time is captured as the Dynatrace OneAgent wraps itself around your native APIs making up your application thus allowing us to know the time taken. Radu did a great job including calculations for these above.

Recommendations from this is I already see your error rate is 0% - great news, though, the throughput seems quite low anyway so probably not representative of your full stack there.

My advice is to open the PurePaths view to see why those calls are taking more than six seconds on average - it is a fair amount of time. Do this in the PurePath web view.

If you still need some help, you can share your PurePath view with us for some explanation (n.b. pls mask a sensitive data). If your business is interested in a health check for your application or some training, Dynatrace Services offer that here.

Gary