cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is node response time indicates

sponnada2
Organizer

For one of the application, the node response time is too high.Could anyone explains what actually the term indicates? and also for one purepath we have observed high elapsed time frame.What could be reason for causing high latency ?

latency2.png

3 REPLIES 3

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I don't think I've ever seen a definition for that - it looks like it's just the response time from that point in the transaction though. In this case from the end user/browser pespective.

As to cause I can't say, but to make sure you're interpreting that correctly what elapsed time means is how many ms after the start of that user action purepath before that request was initiated so in this case it was 18 seconds after the start of the action before that /SelectOrderForm.aspx was initiated and it seems to have been pretty quick at 6.57 ms. What I would be interested in is it looks like it was waiting for that /NotesForm.aspx to complete which took 17 seconds. I'd drill into that server side purepath and see where the time is spent to begin troubleshooting.

James

Thanks james for the response.

what details do i need to drill down in order to find out where the time spent ?

Right click on that web request and select drill down -> purepaths. It will take you to the server side purepath where you can analyze the method tree and the other things like the hotspots pane to see where time is spent. This doc helps to explain all that is on there:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DOCDT65/PurePaths+Dashlet

Note that you can also drill down to dashlets like method hotspots and response time hotspots to help analyze where time is spent. Just looking at the size of that agent group name in your flow screenshot it looks like a lot of time is spent in IIS.