cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

when decompile bytecode / source code works.

Hi,

for an application, I was able to decompile methods in purepath tree when agents and collector were up.

But now, monitoring the application is over, the agents have been removed from this application and the collector has been deleted (in dynatrace Server/Collector screen).

I can't anymore decompile methods.

So when it is possible to decompile methods and when it is no more possible.

I would like to store the purepath in a session storage (right click on purepath -> store session) and to be able to decompile methods, seems not to be possible.

Pierre

4 REPLIES 4

rob_vollum
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

There needs to be code to decompile. That doesn't get stored in the saved session - you need to be attached to the JVM. You won't be able to decompile from a stored session.

to be totally correct, you don't have to be connected to the JVM ... but to the Collector which actually instrumented that JVM.

jgibson
Visitor

Question - with AppMon 7.1 is this answer (the agent has to be connected to go into the bytecode) still true?

Hello James,

As per documentation you can look up the decompiled Java source code of an instrumented method or the complete instrumented class (AppMon 2017 May Methods View).

Use Save Byte Code to export the Java byte code of the Java class that implements the selected method. You can use the exported file with any Java decompiler tool to analyze the internals of this method and all other methods of the class.

Regards,

Babar