cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

why can't I filter a business transaction on application?

eric_brown
Contributor

I am struggling to create a BT that separates all the visits for a particular application; the application does not seem to be an option for the filter measure as it is for the splitting measure. Why is that, and can anyone help out?

4 REPLIES 4

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

What measure are you trying to use as the filter?

Not all measures can be created specifically for specific applications. I normally use a PurePath response time measure and specify a given application in the details when I want to filter a BT by an application.

Additionally, if you just specify the application in the splitting measure then I believe you'll implicitly filter the entire BT to that application as well. If any PP/Action/Visit doesn't meet the splitting criteria it is excluded from the BT results.

James

Splits can be used as implicit filters. This is a good call out

eric_brown
Contributor

Thanks, James;

I wasn't sure what to use as a filtering measure, but thanks for the insight about restricting whatever measure I do use (whether in the fileter or the splitting) to implicitly filter the BT.

Do you think that will work for the result measure as well?

No, I don't believe so. If a result measure isn't found it will just show up as empty in that field but the splitting itself will just show up. The implicit filter only will work with the splitting measures.