cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

x-Dynatrace Header

dom_misiuda
Newcomer

Is it possible to combine multiple requests under one transaction name using x-DynaTrace header? I have seen that this might be possible in Integration with LoadTesting and Monitoring tools help:

'The unique
request ID (serial
number). This string should be unique for one web request or a set of web
requests that together make up a step/transaction execution. ID=<Id>'

However, I have tried this but I cannot get it to do what I want. So for the Logon process, our script calls 5 separate resources. I can add the header to each and give them all the same transaction name but when you look at the results, this gives a count of 5 for the Logon transaction with an average response time for the 5 requests. What I really want is to be able to combine all the response times in to one Logon transaction with a total response time for all the 5 requests. Is this achievable?

2 REPLIES 2

kyle_kowalski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Are you using UEM. From what it sounds like you need a User Action BT to better understand what is going on with it

pahofmann
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

The Transaction names you set as a header for the load test integration (e.g. TN=Transaction Name) are shown in the Load-Test Overview Dashboard.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net