cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error deploying app-detection-rule using Monaco?

nakb
Guide

I am trying to deploy app-detection-rule configuration using Monaco via Azure DevOps pipeline, but getting below error.

ERROR Deployment to Dev failed with error Failed to upsert DT object My Application (HTTP 400)!
Response was: {"error":{"code":400,"message":"Constraints violated.","constraintViolations":[{"path":"","message":"Given application detection rule duplicates rule 61a000cd-b4b2-49e1-6c000fa507fa","parameterLocation":"PAYLOAD_BODY","location":null}]}}, responsible config: Common/app-detection-rule/myrule.json

It should update the existing configuration?

4 REPLIES 4

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

it appears that you have duplicate rules. This happens if there is an application with the same rule present. For example, I have an application called "EasyTravel" that is defined as URL Begins with: Easytravel.

But if I create another rule for a new application called EasyTravel1 and define it with URL Begins with: Easytravel. it will error out as the values are the same and there is a conflict. 

-Chad

nakb
Guide

Hi @Chad I am using monaco so once I deploy the rule than every time i need to either remove the configuration from repository or need to add skip deployment tag

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Please add the name entry to the JSON payload. Rules are matched based on the name property. It's working for me with monaco 1.5.3

I use following templates with MoNaCo:

{
    "name": "{{ .name }}",
    "applicationIdentifier": "{{ .applicationId }}",
    "filterConfig": {
        "applicationMatchTarget": "DOMAIN",
        "applicationMatchType": "MATCHES",
        "pattern": "{{ .domain }}"
    },
    "metadata": {
        "clusterVersion": "1.208.119.20210122-122432",
        "configurationVersions": [
        ]
    }
}

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Hi,

You can use Live chat function when you are logged in your Dynatrace tenant.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Featured Posts