cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it compulsory to have activegate installed for key-based AWS integration?

Aamir_khan
Participant

I have a non-prod env where activegates are not installed, and previously aws integration was working fine but from sometime its not working so just wanted to confirm if this feature has been removed or changed.

6 REPLIES 6

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Are you sure that your tenant has network traffic still open and on AWS side tokens and permissions are properly configured?

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Yes I can confirm that token and permissions are properly configured. Not sure what you mean by "network traffic still open".

Ok you have SaaS so network has nothing to that. In general integration with AWS should work without AG according to this doc:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/technology-support/cloud-platforms/amazon-web-services/instal...

Open support ticket, DT will be able to check your tenant logs related to AWS communication, maybe there will be any clue about reason of this problem.

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Thanks I have done it but he came back as I cannot use key-base integration if I do not have AG installed so just wanted to confirm here via wider public as in the doc also I can't find any such statement.

For RoleBased integration you need ActiveGate installed on AWS EC2 or has your Managed Cluster there. For Key based it should work in general. You can create AG instance and check if this helps

Regards, Sebastian

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

@Aamir k. Saas customers should not need an activegate to establish connection to AWS. You could always try to spin one up and rule that out, I would review the following document as it will assist you in setting up a connection, with or without an activegate. The document is divided by Saas/Managed as I am not sure what type of instance you are running,

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/offline-doc/aws-hub/

Let me know if you need any other assistance.

-Chad

-Chad

Featured Posts